<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener("load", function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=7108125097129510303&amp;blogName=Brandon+Mull&amp;publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_FTP&amp;navbarType=BLUE&amp;layoutType=CLASSIC&amp;searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Fblogsearch.google.com%2F&amp;blogLocale=en_US&amp;homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.brandonmull.com%2Fblog%2F" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" height="30px" width="100%" id="navbar-iframe" allowtransparency="true" title="Blogger Navigation and Search"></iframe> <div></div>

Behind the scenes of Fablehaven

Thursday, March 26, 2009

For those who couldn't make it to the Fablehaven launch party, here is a little video that was made for the event.

Labels:

1. Blogger Bethany Marie said:

Mary is so right- I am a brunette as well- I love that. :] Thanks for sharing- especially for those of us who don't live near- and were not able to go, even though we wanted to so badly! Got the book that day though, and it was astounding.

1. Blogger Jimena Diaz said:

Hi Brandon, my child loves your books, once he picks one up he can't put it down, once he read until it was 1:00am!
    My son heard that you are going to come his school next year, he is very excited.
    Your house is really neat, XD
    chao pescao!!! (chilean idiom it means to see you soon)

1. Blogger cheezfreak said:

Hey Brandon.
    I love your fablehaven books!
    only i have a problem with the fourth. WHY? WHY DID YOU DO THAT TO GAVIN? ! AND TO KENDRA.
    WHYYYYYYYYY
    WHYYYYYYYYY
    It is making me scream.
    Things should have worked out for them.

1. Blogger tappytippsout said:

Hi Brandon you rock thanks for the cool video i love your books and can never put them down. i almost got in trouble at school for reading while the teacher is talking. i am in 5th grade and i started your books at the begining of the school year. I stay up til about 5 a.m. reading them i am on the 3rd book and I LOVE IT. Please don't stop writing FABLEHAVEN even though you said the 5th would be the last one how about you write a 6th that would be good. I LOVE YOU BRANDON! by the way your wife is beautiful

1. Blogger Gina said:

Brandon, the party was a lot of fun! I enjoyed it so much. I do like how you try to please everyone and you showed some of your behind the scenes work. It's pretty awesome.
    Also, if you have not read some of Brandon Sanderson's books you should. What he says about writers is really true. You just love to torture people. I'm sure it makes you happy when you hear that someone stayed up all night just to read your book. That right there is torture. lol

1. Blogger ebeam said:

M.r. Mull
    your book was great I love the end twist with gavin. I have read alot of books in my 13 years and this was one of the best it rely made me want to write my own books I can not wait for book 5 keys to the demon prison I am sure it will be a great book
    ebeam@lcs.net

1. Blogger Hedgi said:

it took a great deal of pestering, but my mother purchased book four the Thursday after it came out- and already it makes the rounds. my whole Seminary class has know read it, and one of the boys tried( and succeeded) to incorporate it into a lesson! for the entire time i read it, my brother asked me' are you done? are you done. two brothers in my ward even had as contest to decide who got to read it first! we may not be in Utah, but you have a loyal following here in Berkeley CA, and it grows larger all the time. when ever anyone asks me what book i would recommend, i first ask. 'do you like fantasy?" if yes, i say without a second thought' Fablehaven.' now most of my cousins have become addicted, and we spend hours on the phone what-if-ing. my favorite so far was posed by a fellow seminary student. " what if Finxie( as we call the sphinx) gets all the artifacts, and opens the demon prison.. and all the demons are engrossed in soap operas? or they got evicted? or.. oh! what if they all play chess!!!"

1. Blogger Alyssa said:

Book four was veeery well written. I basically had to wrestle my brother to get it out of his hands, and had to sneak it at night, it was so good. Also, with the twist with Gavin, you now have to put another BETTER guy for Kendra!!! Otherwise, I will be strictly appalled!

1. Blogger Kim said:

I started the Fablehaven series when my friend Joy (I think her maiden name is Larson) got me started onto them, only to find that several others have read & enjoyed the series. I ran out on the 25th & got book 4. I LOVED it. My only problem...now I have to wait again for book 5. LOL

I also enjoyed Candy Shop Wars, and have encouraged my 10 yr old son to read them. He's finished book 3 & will start #4 when I get it back from a friend. Thanks for sharing your talents!

1. Blogger Jojo said:

so when does book 5 come out?

I LOVED fh4!!!

I was disgusted with a certain character..........GRRR!!!

jojo

ps...Brandon you should get like a fablehaven facebook!!! that would be awesome!!!!

1. Blogger Erika said:

Brandon, just saw pictures of you with my cousins daughter signing all her books. So jealous she got to meet you! Sounds like you had quite the turnout in Boise though... Ever coming to St. George? I can't wait to read #4... my husband and I have listened to all of them on CD so far, all are amazing!

1. Blogger PawnStar said:

I loved that video. Big hint:

USE THE DESK!!! It's better for your back.

1. Blogger Deanna H. said:

I just posted on my children's lit. blog about book four. It's my favorite so far.

Thanks for posting this video. It was fun and informative to watch.

1. Blogger Nemo said:

Good man, remembering to send flowers for Valentine's day. : >

1. Blogger Bailey said:

Hey Branodn,
    I love your books!!!!! I just found out that you live close to where I used to live! I used to live in Sandy Utah! I think that all your books are awesome, they are right up there with the Harry Potter Series! You rock!
    Bailey age 11

1. Blogger Bailey said:

Brandon,
    this is Bailey again! I just anted to say that I am LDS also Iand i think that it is awesome that you are wrtiting books that appeal to everyone, even if they are not LDS! You are awesome!
    Bailey

1. Blogger egrimes97 said:

It's 3am and I just finished the fourth book! Great idea Mary!(I'm blonde, but tired of the Blonde heroins) I'm a 42 yo mother of a 12 yo boy. I'm trying to get him to start the series because I know he would love them and wouldn't want to put them down.(just like me) He has no interest in reading, but am trying hard! Thank you so much for the magical, clean books. There isn't too much in the way of faries and magic out there that is so exciting. I hope Warren fares well in the last book! I think it is time for Seth to have a crush! I would love to see the series as movies, would be better than HARRY POTTER! There is more action and excitement in the books! I hope that sometime you are in the Harrisburg, PA area so that I can thank you personally and get you to sign my book! What am I gonna do now till the next book is done? I'm going to reread, maybe every night to my son to get him interested, and maybe try the candyshop wars? Are you planning on expanding that to a series? You are a great writer, Mary seems like a great support to you!Please thank her also from me. Keep the books coming!

1. Blogger egrimes97 said:

I think the friendly dragon....should be at fablehaven & help Kendra and Seth with their new adventure! Please don't stop at 5! Your writing is too great for that!

1. Blogger B.Piggus said:

My family and I have enjoyed your books. I've been reading books out loud to my wife and two daughters since the first Harry Potter novel. When we ran out of those, we were close to distraught. "Inkheart" and "Inkspell" filled in admirably, but the last book in that chain was disappointing. Very glad to have found your stories.

When one reads books out loud, it's easier to notice patterns in an author's writing. For example, Cornelia Funke's English translation used the word "flesh" so often, I began automatically to substitute the word "thingy" for absurdity's sake. You had a "flesh" issue too for a couple of books, since then resolved.

Your main outlier is "info," which in reading I typically flip for the full word. Maybe you are trying to sound current, but it doesn't resonate with my youngsters. However, if Seth gets the chance to "pwn" another dragon we'd be all over it.

Sometimes, we chuckle at the minute details you inject to "thingy" out the scene, such as listing every item on the holiday menu (which I tend to elongate to Monty Pythonic proportion).

For some reason, shortly after the introduction of Gavin my wife correctly guessed how he would turn out. She's a veteran; I've been reading out loud to her since "The Stand." She observed a Professor Quirrell parallel in that character.

I had a bigger problem with what I considered to be a major omission. When Kendra escaped from the Sphinx, the issue of letting her parents know she was alive was never confronted. This should have been worth at least part of a chapter. Did you edit this out? It was a weird lapse. A real girl would want her parents to know she was alive, like, immediately. She probably would call them ASAP, as when she was on the run, was she even aware they thought she was dead? The realism of the child-parent relationship fell way out of whack in book four. This was the first part in the whole series that looked obviously rushed.

For the most part, though, we've been impressed with the originality of your stories and your particular flavor of familiar-sounding mythical creatures. And empowering female characters the way you do, bravo! It's rare and terrific.

I've been impressed with how well you have avoided abusing your characters. They all seem to behave in ways consistent with their previous setup, not something easy to do in a series. Your characters are well established and developed, save for a couple of obvious Star Trek security men (you know, the ones who go on the mission so someone can die).

We have been brainstorming on what you can do to end the Fablehaven story line. It's hard to avoid the notion that no prison lasts forever. We thought the best thing would be to throw that frog statue into Zyzzx, go back and pick him up after all the demons are gone.

Seriously, in my mind you have introduced the inevitability of Zyzzx failing, which lessens the dramatic tension around whether the Sphinx can obtain all the keys.

If the conclusion here is simply to defeat the Sphinx, there's still the overhanging threat that Zyzzx might not hold forever. Then it won't feel like much of an ending.

1. Blogger Jojo said:

Everybody's leaving book ideas so I thought i might too.
    Brandon? Why do you keep going back to unicorns? Maybe you team up kendra, seth...everybody, and raxtus and a UNICORN!!! Lol!!!

i've taken several quizes and on the "which mythical creature are you?"s I'm ALWAYS a unicorn!!!!!!! unicorn's are not only pure and rare. they are faster than a speeding bullet (not copying superman there's no other way to say it.) and courageous! the males are black and use their horns like swords!!!

I also thought...the fairy king had agents, the astrids. maybe the fairy queen has the unicorns. I mean when i picture the fairy queen, I picture pure, noble, and LIGHT. when I picture pure, noble, and light i picture a unicorn. just a thought.

I imagine after every book i read. it helps me absorb it and everything like that. Unicorn was what i got. in my mind, unicorns can become human....i'll spare you...i could talk about it for hours.

PLEEEAASSE don't end the series with zzyzx opening!!!

1. Blogger krystenfable said:

Hey Brandon, my name is Krysten. Iam 20 years old and i LOVE your books!!! When i was a little girl i used to believe in every magical creature you can name (especially unicorns and faries) I just finished the third book of Fablehaven and i'm on hold at the library for the fourth. I've never read a story like yours and i've never read a book so fast and finished it in less than a week like i have Fablehaven! You are an amazing writer with the best imagination i've seen. I encourage you to keep writting your stories until the end. I also thank everyone who helped to create this magical, nail-biting, heart grasping story!!!....and i haven't even read the 4th yet lol...

1. Blogger nia hurst said:

AAAAAAAAAahhhhhhh i love your books they are so amazing you are an amazing author i'm so mad that i have to wait for the fith Fablehaven it is going to kill me having to wait i would like to know where i can go to audition for a movie cause i really would love to be in your movie i think it would be the best thing ever well your books are really amazing. it makes me mad what you did to gavin and kendra and the rest and it makes my friends mad too you should make it so somehow that wasn't Gavin and it was like a dragon that could shape shift or something well i love your books

see ya later

1. Blogger nia hurst said:

see ya later

1. Blogger Bailey said:

I don't know if you said this already, but are you making a movie? If you are then I would be intrested in trying out, how can I do that? How old was Kendra in the first book???? I'm a lmost 12, but people say I look older than I am, would that work?

1. Blogger Janet said:

We were hooked on Fabelhaven from the first chapter of Book 1. It's always stiff competition in our family to see who gets to read the new book first. Each one somehow is better than the last and book four was no exception. Best twist we've encountered in a story. It came out of nowhere and even after it was revealed it took a few more pages before it really sank in. We can't wait for Book 5, or anything else you write. The Candy Shop War was every bit as good as Fablehaven.

1. Blogger Tyler said:

Brandon! I love ur books, but wat up with the ending of #4? Gavin was one of my favorite characters! And wat about Warren!

1. Blogger Brittney said:

Hello Brandon, I love your books i am currently reading the 4th one and it is amazing! I wish to be an author someday to, I am writng a book called Welcome to Mingin and I hope i will be able to publish it in a couple years even though i am only 13 now i think i am going to go read Fablehaven thanks for being an amazing author! p.s if there is openings for Kendra please tell me because i Love to act! my looks may not be so hot but with some makeup i am good

1. Blogger ovalle said:

Hola Brandon!

Queria felicitarte por los increibles livros que escribes y para preguntarte durante que tiempo serviste en Chile y en que sectores. Yo soy de Chile y naci en la ciudad de El Salvador. Ahora vivo en el estado de NM desde hace 1996. Es genial saber que alguien tan importante sirvio una mision en Chile. Lo otro genial es que conozco otro amazing LDS author Obert Skye. Gracias y cuidate.
    Angelica G.

1. Blogger fablehavens biggest fan said:

Well, I feel like i am about to explode. Litreally. MY HEART SKIPPED A BEAT!!!! the ending was killer. I loved gavin! great character. personally i thought trask was gonna turn on them or mara. But i was wrong. And i thought the sphinx was a dragon i was wrong. I love your books. I even memorized certain sections! i wuld love to try out for kendra! i am just like her! a pesturing little brother i love reading i have somewhat of a 6th sence. I am very timid. A bell would ring and i would scream. sad really. but i adore your books wow i don't think i have ever typed so fast.*looks back at everything writen* Well i got my bff started then she got 7 people including her mom! and baily im lds to!!! and i totaly agree with jojo putin a better guy for kendra!!!! i just got an idea kendra should get amneshia!!!! or however you spell it. it is caused by a tramatic event(s) or being bonked on the head!!! please please don't end the series! i love it to much for it to end. I WILL NOT LET IT DIE. NO NONONONO!!
    *twitch* i still can't believe gavin did that. me and my friends all agree gavin was the best other than kendra. Well seth is stating to match up. What if chuck rose really did have a son!!! THAT WOULD BE AWSOME! i just love fablehaven. last night i looked through 625 books and none where as good as fablehaven. I love fablehaven. its amazing its fantasic its FAMASTIC! THIS IS THE FINEST WORK OF LITERITURE EVER ! watch out J.K rowling!! Brandon Mull is here!!!!

1. Blogger Linda Merkley said:

This post has been removed by the author.

1. Blogger Ally merkley said:

This post has been removed by the author.

1. Blogger Cindy Bancroft said:

Your books ROCK! This is one of my favorite series.

In book 4, why did you make Gavin Navarog, prince of demons? It was brilliant and terrible at the same time.

I hope that in book 5 Seth has a bigger role than just getting over magical fear and turing invisible. Also, I hope that you give Newel and Doren bigger roles than just greedy satyrs.

Keep writing and thank you for hours of entertainment!

Paul - age 12

1. Blogger Jojo said:

I wanna be in the movie! Where could i do that??? I'm 13 but look 15ish....

PLEASE????????

1. Blogger Jojo said:

Litterally. I read nonstop and I've read some of fablehaven 3 times over. My brother is finnally reading fh2!!! Of course mom took it on vacation when he gets to the part with the fog giant and seth and coulter.

1. Blogger Annette said:

i LOVE your books! the part about gavin was sooo surprising! everytime i got my hands on one of the fablehaven books, i couldn't put it down. i read so late into the night until i fell asleep! i think that the fifth secret preserve should be underwater in the bermuda triangle!!!! that would be so cool. you could explain why all of the weird things happen there! that would be awesome! you should also do movies on the fablehaven series. that would be cool unless it got really different from the book. if you do make a movie, i hope you try to make it as much like the book as possible. they are THE BEST series i have ever read!!! i really would hate to see the series end. it would be nice if there could be more books. i can't wait until the 5th book comes out. i hope you read this comment. i wish you would come to our school too! that would be awesome if you went to sinaloa middle school in simi valley, CA or simi valley high.

1. Blogger delia said:

oh my gosh ur books are soooo good! i stayed up at night reading with the light of my DS to finish the second one and when i read the last page this morning it gave me chills!! :]

i bought the first and second books at a book fair and my friends said they looked like weird books (because obviously your books have some strange covers, but that's okay cuz ur books are hawtt) but then i read em and i was like wow!

i cannot wait to get the 3rd and 4th!! is the sphinx really a traitor? i want to trust vanessa, because she seems like she cud b a really good friend but im also not sure... hmmm

im 13 and im currently writing a story about fairies and other mythical things but im not sure if im writing it well enough. i really want to b a writer like u and all the other good writers, but every time i read a book thats as good as yours it takes a blow at my self esteem and makes me wonder if my stories are even that good. ive written other stories but never really finished them, although this one im working really hard on and planning to finish (do u think maybe i cud get it published? is there such thing as a child author?) ive edited it several times, read it over, and i changed it from 1st person to 3rd person. im having a hard time with a few things, such as when my main character will find out about the fairies and trying not to use repetitive (however u spell that!) words. wen u write ur stories, do you already have it all planned out or does it just come to u as u write it?

if ur reading all ur comments, then cud u plz try to reply to my questions? u dont have 2 if ur super busy writing the other books, but i wud appreciate it. my email is teenikitti@gmail.com

hmm i think thats all i have 2 say

oh yeah one more thing...

DONT STOP WRITING FABLEHAVEN BOOKS!!!

1. Blogger delia said:

i juss read another comment about a fablehaven movie... is that true?? theres going to be a fablehaven movie?? :] yayyy i wanna b kendra!! :] im only 13 but i cud b a 15 yr old... right??

1. Blogger North Slope Ranch said:

(Sorry about the username)whatever, anyway I had an idea! what if the Gavin in the 3rd was the real Gavin, but the 4th was an impersonator, used to make people think he was bad! and the real Gavin is locked away somewhere! *gasps*

1. Blogger kelly1994 said:

ok i have two criteria for book five and if they don't happen i will be very p.o'd
    1) make kendra do some actiony stuff i'm tired of her being the weak one.
    2) get kendra another boyfriend for book five one who doesn't turn out to be a demon prince

give seth a girfirend too i think that'll be cute.

why did gavin have to be evil did you get some sick and twisted thrill out of it? i was sooo mad when i found out i started to say some four-lettered words. (of course any book that gets a strong emotion out of you is a good book) but why was it so vital? if you always knew he'd be evil why did you make it seem like he liked kendra, was he lying when he said he was interested in kendra? these are the question i'd like to have answered.

END RANT!

love,
    kelly

1. Blogger Jojo said:

I would love to audition for kendra too!!!!!!!!!! when and where are you holding auditions? You've got me writing a book too!!!!!!!!!! :D it's actually a lot of fun!!!

1. Blogger savannah webb said:

hey i love your books and the 4th one was awesome but why did you make Gavin the traitor?! why could it not be someone else?! but i loved the traitor twist that was awesome.
    i cant wait for the 5th one now!
    when is it going to come out?
    plus this book would make an awesome movie!
    oh yeah i almost forgot about warren, he is my favorite character you cant leave him in a burning knapsack!!! you have to get him out!!!
    -an awesome person who reads your awesome books

1. Blogger Samantha said:

Last week I picked up the first fablehaven book. It looked interesting so I decided to give it a chance. I finished the book in like, 5 hours! My mom couldn't get me to stop reading! I wouldn't quit bugging her about going back to get the next books! Today i finished the third book! I cannot wait to read the Secret of the Dragon Sanctuary! Brandon, you're a genius! I cannot believe the twists and turns the books were giving me! I think one of the things I really liked, was the fact that there was no foul language. And the fact that the characters were so likeable! I do have my susicions about Gavin though. After what happened with Vanessa, I don't know who to trust! Good luck with the rest of the series!

1. Blogger willow said:

I absolutly Love your books! it has even inspired me to "try" to write my own novel! it's of coarse horible compaired but I guess it's because im not grown up! either way I can't wait for the 5th to come out!

1. Blogger Erin said:

Hey I really hope you read this!
    I absolutely love your books!
    And I'm an actress (not professionally) so I am usually very critical. But your books just made me be the character. I was Kendra paddling across the lake as the naiads tried to drag me under. I was Kendra when I was climbing the steps of Lost Mesa! I was Kendra holding hands with Seth and slaying Siletta!
    It would make great movie! I would love the experience of play Kendra!
    I love the books and can't wait until the fifth one comes out!!!

1. Blogger blazikin said:

I love your books! come be a follower of my blog.

Micah,

1. Blogger ♥Cullen Crazy!♥ (aka Sadie) said:

hey Bandon so....I'm writing a book. Actually many books. Do you have any advice for a young writer of 16?

1. Blogger ♥Cullen Crazy!♥ (aka Sadie) said:

This post has been removed by the author.

1. Blogger ♥Cullen Crazy!♥ (aka Sadie) said:

Hey Brandon! So i'm kind of writing a book. Actually many books. Anyways...do you have any advice to a young writer of 16?

1. Blogger fablehavens biggest fan said:

Hey me again.I am not being rude here but here is how the conversation would go if kendra were to call her parents:

"Hey mom hey dad,just wanted to let you know I am still alive I was just kidnapped by an insane person bent on opening a demon prison that could destroy the world. I am at fablehaven a magical preserve. You must be thinking how could I still be alive when you saw my body. Well that was a stingbulb a magical friut that(when pricked) it takes your form. So I will be going on anouther yes ANOTHER life threatning mission.My special fairy powers are needed i just hope i am not betrayed again. Also please get seth grounded for sneaking out and talking to demons. Bye!"
    (mom or dad):"Is this some kind of sick joke!?!?!??! i AM SOOOOOO HANGING UP"
    *CLICK*

Plus even if they did understand they would probabely destroy the world trying to protect kendra and seth from going on any missions. But I know if I got A message like that I wouldn't swallow it.

1. Blogger Kathryn said:

I love the Fablehaven books! I'm 25and have 2 kids of my own so the series isn't just reaching teenagers. I had my husband read them too, and now he's hooked. We can't wait until the 5th book is out!

1. Blogger fablehavens biggest fan said:

I love your books mr.mull I am an avid fan of your books. The last post was sort of out of my imagination. Plus it would be a problem if they picked up. ugh. :(
    :) You need to make the last book 100,000,000,000,001 pages. That is (i think) in the zillions. :) Then it would like 100 more books YAY! Lolly pop lolly pop oh oh my loly pop bbumdum bump bump *pop*
    every night i dream about the betrayal of gavin :( and for some reason it is mixed with sims.. just kidding!

1. Blogger Kayla said:

Okay so reading over all of these....wow! ha ha. Way to go LDS! I'm a member too! Let's just say I'm a FREAK for Fablehaven! =) Really with all you girls wanting to try out for Kendra....I'm with you on that!
    The ending of the 4th book with Gavin was horrifying! I couldn't get it out of my head for days! But it was great! I agree, Seth should have a crush and Kendra needs a better guy.
    FAVORITE books! -Kayla

1. Blogger Kali Merkley said:

Hi I have a question why don't you write seven books because there are seven preserves and why not a movie to I think that would be amazing for all of your fans From one of your fans (kali Merkley

1. Blogger ♥Cullen Crazy!♥ (aka Sadie) said:

Hey! I'm a member too! I so want to try out for Kendra....It helps that i'm her age! So where are the tryouts anyway???....Jk they probably already happened. But if they haven't i would love to know when and where!!!

1. Blogger Ellie said:

Hi!!!! I love your books!!! They are so exciting!!

1. Blogger ninjapenguin17 said:

Hi!! I absolutely LOVE the fourth book!! I have never read a more thrilling and plot twisting book. What you did to Gavin at the end, at first I didn't get it! I thought it was cool he could turn into a Dragon, but after he killed Dougan, I knew i would hate him forever more no matter what happened. I have never hated a character, or even a human being, more than I now hate Gavin. I'm glad you killed him. A smart villian wouldn't be fooled by his pride, but that's what happened to Navarog, the stupid. Thankyou for being the BEST writer ever!!!!!
    P.S. Do you think you will ever come to Coventry? I know many people here who would LOVE to meet you, or here you make a speech.

1. Blogger ninjapenguin17 said:

1. Blogger ninjapenguin17 said:

I so want to try out for Kendra....It helps that i'm her age! So where are the auditions? I would love to be an actress, but I doubt I would ever be able to. Or even playing Sabrina in the Sisters Grimm series would be awesome. Or, even better, Annabeth in the Percy Jackson series. I know that they have already shot the movie, but the actress playing Annabeth looks NOTHING LIKE THE CHARACTER!!!!! I am blonde, and just turned 13( which is close enough to 12) and actually know all her lines (from the book) by heart.

1. Blogger ninjapenguin17 said:

1. Blogger ♥Cullen Crazy!♥ (aka Sadie) said:

I want to know where the tryouts are too!!! I am Kendra's age also! I would love to be in the movie of my favorite as my favorite character!! Are they in Utha? I know that is where you live by the discription in your bio in the fist couple about living above the prison cause I live in Utha too! That would be so cool! Please let me know when and where the tryouts are ASAP! Thanks!

1. Blogger joanaericadaniellebpaule said:

Mr. Brandon, I'm Joana Erica Paule from Philippines. 15years old and a Junior Student. I started reading your book just last year. I'm so happy reading it every page of your creation. I even do my assignments early in the morning, like 3am so I can spend my whole night to read it when I go home from school. Now, I'm collecting every book you are making. I hope you can visit our place, and to meet you in person and also to have a picture with you and your kids. thank you so much.

1. Blogger madam_zee said:

OMG! I looooove Fablehaven! And it would be so cool if i could act in it, I know that the chances arent high and im not even sure if this comment is going to help much but its worth a try.
    I just have few questions... WHY did you do that to Warren?! :( He was one of my favourite characters. And why did you do that to kendra and gavin? :(, Oh well I guess a great writer like you must have your reasons...
    Thankyou for writing Fablehaven :D

1. Blogger Annika said:

After watching this video, you became an even greater author in my mind. Keep up the great work!

I loved Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary. And unlike some others, I had no problem with Gavin getting bit in half. The whole scene kept me squirming, I was so excited! And the cliffhanger at the end was totally awesome! I hope Kendra and Seth can save their parents and Warren.

I hope you and your family stays safe and healthy. Keep writing!
    ~Annika

1. Blogger Smith family said:

We think the books just keep getting better! It is fun to have books that my children enjoy and I can't put down. Thanks for the great diversion. Keep up the good work, you have a whole family here that really appreciates your work.